1. Carefully trim the brick so it fits inside the glass dome vertically with a few inches of space in-between for the flowers to rest.
Tip: Use cylinder shaped foam so the rounded edges are easier to work with when applying the flowers.
2. If you are not using fresh flowers, skip this step. If you plan on using fresh flowers, submerge the brick into a bucket of water until it is soft and water leaks out under a gentle touch.
Tip: Add a drop or two of bleach to the water to help keep the bacteria to a minimum.
3. Remove the thorns and leaves from each flower stem. Trim each stem diagonally to the appropriate length leaving about an inch to be inserted into the foam.
Tip: Weaker stems may require floral picks or wire to be attached.
4. After you have planned out your desired design, carefully insert each stem one by one into the foam brick until the brick itself is no longer visible. Periodically cover the design with the glass dome to ensure that everything is fitting proportionally and adjust as necessary.
5. Cover your floral design with the glass dome and it is ready to display!