1. Who Hosts The Engagement Party? Typically, the parents of the bride will host this event. But, there is no set rule these days! Many couples are choosing to host the event themselves or friends/family members are jumping in to host the party.
2. What Type Of Event Setting To Have? This depends on your tastes, style, and budget. You can have a cocktail party at a swanky club, formal sit-down dinner, or even a backyard barbecue!
3. When To Have The Engagement Party? Most wedding experts will recommend that you hold the engagement party 1-4 months after the engagement and/or 6 months to one year before the wedding depending on the length of the engagement.
4. Who To Invite To The Engagement Party? A rule of thumb is to only invite those who will be invited to the wedding. Out of town wedding guests are generally not invited to the Engagement Party as they are already being asked to travel for the wedding. Exceptions would be immediate family and the bridal party.
5. Register For Gifts For The Engagement Party? Traditionally, gifts are not to be expected at the engagement party. But, there will be guests who choose to bring a gift for the event. Register for gifts early and create a wedding website where guests can visit to view the engagement party information, where you are registered, and all of the wedding details.
Remember that there is still a wedding to plan and you don't want go overboard on the Engagement Party if it will burn you out afterwards when the wedding planning process is at its peak!